Organizations of all kinds and sizes are increasingly threatened by fraud. Embezzlement, kickbacks, check fraud, financial statement fraud and vendor billing schemes are just a few of the countless economic crimes committed by employees and outsiders.
This two day interactive in-person seminar will provide auditors and other financial professionals with a strong foundation of practical knowledge about how common frauds are committed using a combination of lecture, exercise and group breakout sessions.Learning Objectives:
- Understanding the fraud problem
- Identify the red flags of fraud
- How to detect and investigate fraud
- Building an anti-fraud control environment
- Internal and external cybercrime threat and latest preventive measures
Key goals of the conference will include learning:
- Common and uncommon internal and external fraud schemes threatening organizations today.
- Who commits internal and external (and collusive) fraud.
- Why employees commit fraud.
- How to detect the red flags of common schemes.
- Essential fraud detection tools and techniques.
- Software tools for auditing for fraud.
- Best practices for developing and implementing anti-fraud controls.
Who will Benefit:
- Internal and external audit professionals
- Internal control professionals
- Finance and accounting management
- Compliance professionals
- Loss prevention and risk specialists
- Security professionals
- Fraud examiners
- Procurement/purchasing and Payables Specialists